Create structure – comply across disciplines
A complexity of regulations is making it increasingly difficult for companies to identify and comply with legal requirements. As a result, not only those holding executive or supervisory functions such as officers or directors, but also members of supervisory bodies such as advisory boards are exposed to liability risks. Corporate compliance, therefore, is a top priority, and effective compliance management is the ultimate means of protection.
Knowing what legal requirements apply to a business and how to create transparency are crucial to corporate success. Adequate compliance structures help to avoid liability exposures. In a nutshell: Exposure prevention is critical in the corporate governance and sustainability process.
A team across professional disciplines
BRL has a multidisciplinary approach combing the expertise of tax consultants, business consultants (Risk Advisory Service), auditors and lawyers to offer bespoke solutions to clients. Our services encompass the development of Compliance Management Systems (CMS) and the introduction of internal policies as well as the identification of and advice on the applicable legal and tax requirements and the implementation of internal controls.
- Compliance Management Systems (CMS) design, implementation, analysis and optimization
- Internal auditing, risk management, internal controls
- IT security and IT governance
- Corporate governance planning
- Employment compliance in Germany (including under the Labour Leasing Act; sham self-employment; contracts for work and services; service contracts; Minimum Pay Act (MiLoG); General Anti-Discrimination Act (AGG); Transparency of Remuneration Act (EntgTrans
- Works council co-determination rights in the compliance process (Works Constitution Act, BetrVG)
- Establishing whistleblower systems, compliance policies, internal investigations
- Anti-compliance penalties and amnesty programmes
- Environmental compliance, including immission control and the laws and regulations relating to waste disposal, soil protection and water
- State aid, subsidies and benefits
- Public planning and construction
- Tax compliance, including tax return processes, transactional tax; managing tax deadlines and handling reporting obligations; interface optimization; in-house training; transfer pricing
Are you looking for a contact person from our practice group "Compliance"? On the following page we offer you an overview of our experts in the field of compliance. Visit the profiles of the experts, look at their areas of expertise and experience and, if you are interested, contact them directly with one click.
Back to outline