Anyone seeking to establish a start-up can expect to encounter a host of organizational, financial and legal challenges. Being an entrepreneur involves a certain element of risk. However, it is possible to identify, assess and limit many of them by obtaining professional and seasoned advice. BRL combines the economic, tax and legal expertise to provide added value in this regard.
Founders can benefit from BRL’s professional legal, tax and business consulting services in many situations. We help start-ups and investors from the initial phase (business planning, formation, etc.) through the growth phase (venture capital) to their exit and beyond (including tax optimization to address exit proceeds).
BRL’s start-up experts assist founders in negotiations with investors, customers, employees as well as suppliers and distributors.
BRL is centrally located in two major German start-up locations, Berlin and Hamburg, offering a full range of professional services. BRL has been actively supporting and promoting young founders for many years, including at the GründerGeist business plan contest sponsored by the Wirtschaftsjunioren, a network of young business owners and executives being part of the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce. In addition, partnering with haspa BGM and Neuhaus Partners, we are hosts of the Venture Capital Stammtisch, a hub for industry speakers to share their start-up knowledge at the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce.
The following overview provides a summary of our services:
- Corporate: choice of legal formation including tax structuring, shareholder agreements, financing (including venture capital) and sale (exit including vendor due diligence) or initial public offering (IPO)
- Data protection and IP/IT: drafting a legally compliant website and drafting and negotiating software contracts (IT law), protection of intellectual property (e.g., protection of trademark rights and trade secrets/KPIs)
- Employment: employment/service/freelancer contracts, including advice on false self-employment and temp staff, employee share ownership (vESOP, employee stock option programs, etc.)
- Commercial and Competition: drafting and negotiating lease and tenancy agreements, supply contracts; prevention of unfair competition situations or cartel infringements and their consequences (warnings, damage claims), etc.
- Tax Compliance: including ongoing accounting, tax returns, controlling by means of business analyses using DATEV
Are you looking for a contact person from our practice group "Start-ups"? On the following page we offer you an overview of our experts in the field of start-ups. Visit the profiles of the experts, look at their areas of expertise and experience and, if you are interested, contact them directly with one click.
Back to outline