Northern Germany, and Hamburg in particular, is characterised by companies in the maritime industry. These companies offer modern, often specialised products and services and are in a strong position in international competition. The mostly small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) need to react to a sometimes difficult global market environment as well as topics such as the energy transition or raw material supply bottlenecks.
To this end, they need a partner who has both the technical expertise and industry know-how. Short paths and holistic advisory services are crucial for a quick response to the emerging and increasingly complex issues.
BRL, in particular the Maritime Practice Group, offers a high level of expertise in advising and supporting companies in the maritime sector. In this context, the many years of experience and industry expertise across all disciplines are bundled to provide our clients with comprehensive advice on all aspects of tax, law, auditing and crisis management.
Our advice is specifically tailored to maritime SMEs.
As an independent member of the Moore Global network, we can also draw on the global expertise of our network partners. The Moore Maritime Group has been associated with the maritime industry for over 70 years. This means that we can also provide reliable and efficient solutions for the transnational issues that are typical in the maritime industry.
We are therefore in a position to deal with issues in the individual disciplines such as:
- Processing of current financial accounting, preparation of reports, tax compliance, support during tax audits, tax consulting in connection with all tax issues.
- Tax advice in connection with all questions regarding Section 5a of the German Income Tax Act (EStG) (tonnage taxation)
- Preparation/audit of annual and consolidated financial statements according to HGB and IFRS as well as audit of charter, personnel or OPEX pools
- Preparation of expert opinions according to IDW S 6 and IDW S 1
as well as cross-disciplinary issues such as:
- Restructuring advice
- Audit or support in the preparation of financing concepts
- Transaction advice
- Insolvency-related advice
individually tailored to your needs.
photo: Jacob Meissner (unsplash)
Back to outline